Bathtubs, Basins and Vanities SA is the sole manufacturer of the high-quality Crystallite bathtubs and basins products. They supply these top-end products to leading sanware retail outlets and developers.
These products with their velvety touch that is similar to natural stone, enhance any bathroom with their stunning uniqueness.
All products are made from a material called Crystallite® which is manufactured from a specialized compound of natural minerals, pure polyester polymers and quartz crystal aggregate. This results in an ice-white solid surface product with a warm, velvety touch that is similar to natural stone.
The characteristics of Crystallite® are as follows:
- It is a solid surface resin-based material meaning that the consistency is the same throughout the body of the product. There are no surface coatings thus eliminating delamination, surface cracking or crazing.
- It is highly chip resistant. In the event of an accident ie. dropping a heavy object onto a product which could chip the surface – the repair of such damage is simple and can be done on your premises.
- It is generally scratch resistant due to the use of unique crystal particles in the manufacturing process. Enough force will, however, scratch any surface but this can easily be removed without damaging the product due to the solid surface nature of the material.
- It is non-porous and does not absorb water preventing micro-organism and bacterial growth – creating an extremely hygienic product.
- It is stain-resistant and has been tested with hair dyes, cigarettes and red wine. It takes no more than a quick rub down with a scourer and some dry scouring powder (Vim) to remove the stain.
- It might fade slightly over time if exposed to direct sunlight but can be brought back to its original colour with a quicksand down.
- It is completely recyclable. Old products can easily be restored to the original condition and re-used.
- It is effectively a self-renewing surface that matures and becomes stronger over time.
- The material is tough and can withstand rough handling. It can be used in areas susceptible to vandalism and high traffic ie. hotels and malls.